The Reform Pension Board (RPB), as fiduciary of the Reform Pension Trust, is responsible for the processing of your personal information. This notice provides you with information concerning how we collect, hold, and use your non-public personal information in connection with our retirement plan, long term disability plan and life insurance plan.
Please note that we may periodically update this privacy notice by posting a new privacy notice on our website.
Our commitment to you
As a participant in RPB’s plan(s), we are committed not only to providing sound investment choices for your retirement savings but also to caring for your personal and financial data. The confidentiality of your information is important to us and we recognize that you depend on us to keep your information confidential. We use your information primarily to complete transactions that you request, to provide customer support, or to make you aware of other products and services that we offer. We do not share, trade, sell, or rent your personal information to others, unless we are required by law to disclose your information.
The personal information we collect about you
You, or your employer, provide us with personal information about you by phone or email, in writing, or through our websites. The types of information collected may include:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as name, address, telephone number, Social Security number, birth date, and beneficiary information
- Information we receive from you through online surveys and registrations or email.
- Information obtained from employers, such as employer name, participant hire date, and participant compensation
- Information about participant transactions such as retirement plan contributions and distributions, and other payments to RPB
- Information we receive from others, such as your authorized personal agents or representatives
- Information gathered through aggregated website tracking data
- General information, such as email address and demographic data
How your information is used
This information is gathered to help us administer your participation in RPB’s retirement, long term disability, and optional life insurance plans. We also use this personal information to provide you with information related to your account, to improve our service, and to personalize communications. We store all the personal information you provide on secure servers.
Sharing information outside of our organization
We are required to share certain personal and financial information about you with organizations that act for us or on our behalf, including RPB’s record keeper, custodial bank, and the organizations that print and mail our materials. We also share enrollment and contribution information with authorized users at your current employer.
How we safeguard your personal information
We restrict access to personal information to those who require it to develop, support, offer and deliver products and services to you.
Additionally, you should not provide your account information, user name, or password to anyone. If you become aware of any suspicious activity relating to your account, it is your responsibility to contact us immediately.