RPB Long Term Disability Plan Open Enrollment 2017
- Open enrollment for annual LTD coverage for the full 2017 calendar year is closed.
- The open enrollment period for semi-annual LTD coverage will begin in June for the six-month period from July 1 through December 31, 2017. Eligible employees can begin coverage for the first time or reinstate coverage that lapsed due to non-payment of premium. Click here for the form.
- LTD premium payments must be paid to the RPB through your employer. The RPB cannot accept payments from individuals.
- Read the FAQs for our Long Term Disability coverage.
LTD Plan Highlights
The RPB’s Long Term Disability (LTD) Plan through MetLife provides important income replacement insurance for employees who are unable to work due to a disabling injury or illness. All employees of URJ-affiliated congregations, as well as employees of the URJ, CCAR and RPB, who work at least 18 hours a week are eligible for the plan. Benefits include:
- 60% replacement of the employee’s regular earnings. If an employee also qualifies for disability income from other sources such as social security disability, the disability benefit will be reduced accordingly. The maximum income replacement from all sources is 66 2/3 percent.
- Either a 180- or 90-day benefit waiting period – the time between the onset of a disability and commencement of benefits.
- Affordable annual group rates*:
- 180-day benefit waiting period: $4.80 per thousand dollars of salary (including parsonage, if applicable)
- 90-day benefit waiting period: $5.44 per thousand dollars of salary (including parsonage, if applicable)
*Semi-annual rates are half the annual rate
- Tax-free disability benefits when the premium is paid with post-tax dollars through the employer. Read the FAQs for more information on taxation of LTD benefits.
- Benefits are paid until an employee’s normal social security retirement age or the employee no longer qualifies for benefits, whichever occurs first. Benefits that begin after the age of 62 may extend past the normal social security retirement age.
- Rehabilitation benefits encourage qualified candidates to return to work without losing all of their income replacement benefits.
- A “Conversion Privilege” to an individual policy.
The LTD coverage period is from January – December (annual) and July – December (semi-annual) of each year. There are two open enrollment periods:
- Annual Open Enrollment: December 1, 2016 – January 13, 2017
- Semi-Annual Open Enrollment: July 1 – December 31, 2017
During open enrollment, employers submit enrollment forms to the RPB for employees initiating LTD coverage. Premiums are also paid through the employer during these periods. The RPB cannot accept payments from individuals.
Click here to see the FAQs for RPB’s Long Term Disability (LTD) coverage.
Click on the appropriate professional organization link below for an explanation of LTD plan benefits:
- Members of Central Conference of American Rabbis
- Staff Members of Union for Reform Judaism
- All other U.S. Reform Movement Organizations and Congregational Staff Members
- Members of Central Conference of American Rabbis – Canada
- All other Canadian Reform Movement Organizations and Congregational Staff Members